Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Romantic Valentine's Day Flower Crown

Hi Everyone! Thanks for tuning in to another installment of Floriography!  This week I made a Valentine's Day inspired flower crown!  Flower crowns are all the rage these days, and I am a huge fan!  They can be sweet, romantic, bohemian, or just plain fun!

With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I wanted to come up with something to celebrate the holiday!  When I found these precious Spray Roses and Aster, I knew a flower crown would be perfect!
Spray Roses

White Aster

This was my first flower crown to make.  It was fun! There are some changes I'll make in my technique in future flower crowns, and I know there are many other ways to make them!  I can't wait to try out more!  

The materials I used:
  • Gauge 22 Floral Wire
  • Floral Tape
  • Wire Cutters
  • Scissors
  • Spray Roses
  • Spray Rose Leaves
  • White Aster
Materials

The pictures below show the process I used to create the crown:
Step 1: Wrap the measured wire in floral tape.

Step 2: Wrap two or three stems with floral tape and make a bunch.

Step 3: Use the floral tape to attach the bunch to your base wire.
After that, you just keep repeating steps two and three with your desired flowers/bunches - laying each new bunch on top of the stems from the previous bunch. Easy peasy!  Also, I'm definitely still wearing the flower crown as I write this - it makes me feel pretty!  And who doesn't like to feel pretty on random Tuesdays?

Final Product!
This week's lesson in Floriography:
  • Red Roses (in any variety) symbolize romantic love! Perfect for Valentine's Day!
  • Aster's meaning changes depending on the color.  White Aster symbolizes daintiness - which is fitting for this adorable little wildflower!
Thanks for joining me this week!!  This Saturday, I'll be going to a floral workshop in Houston!  I'm so excited, and I'll be sharing my experience and creation with you in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment