Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A Visit to Westside Flower Exchange

This week will be a different style of blog than I've done previously (not that there's much to compare it too - this is only my third post!).  I was in Houston last weekend for PR's marathon.  He did so well! Broke his personal best by 16 minutes!  I'm so proud of him! And no, I did not join him in running 26.2 miles... I'm not crazy!

Since we were going to be in the area, I reached out to the Westside Flower Exchange, a floral wholesaler in west Houston.  The ladies over there were so nice and let me explore their coolers!  So this week, I'm going to show off some of the beauties they had in their coolers.  I took more pictures than are here, and this is only a tiny fraction of what they have to offer!  I had a blast checking out their lovely stock and I can't wait to work with them in the future!
Gorgeous Dahlias!

I loved the salmon shade of these Hypericum Berries!


So many filler flowers! I wanted to just dive in!

These are Quick Sand Roses!  Such a lovely color!

I've been fascinated by Blue Thistle lately!

Ranunculus are my current favorites!

With Anemone as a close second!

Beautiful cream colored peonies!

These 'Black Knight' Scabiosa Atropurpurea took my breath away with their velvety texture!

Some Seeded Eucalyptus

Silver Dollar Eucalyptus

Baby Eucalyptus


Curly Willow

Dusty Miller is super popular for weddings right now!
I know, I know, I said I was going to do a wintry white arrangement this week, and I didn't.  Well, I did make an arrangement of mostly white flowers, and I wasn't happy with it.  I didn't want to post something I was  really unhappy with.  It was a good practice of what to do and not to do, so it's not a total loss!  When the opportunity presented itself for me to visit the Westside Flower Exchange, I thought it would be fun to share my adventure with you.  So this week, I will not give a preview of what I want to do for the next post, because I haven't decided yet, and because I may change my mind a couple of times before I decide on something!  Lesson learned!  Thanks for being patient with me and joining me for this journey!  I've already learned so much, and I'm sure I'll continue to do so!

I hope you all have a spectacular week!  See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment